Featured Post

Singles at the Counter

There's a scene in Sex and the City that's one of my all time favourites - after getting drenched during her tragic but romanticize...

Friday, July 1, 2011

It was bound to happen..

.. My whole life, I've grown up with good food around me. I have so many memories from my childhood that involve food - specifically food with my family. My mother always made sure that we had good hearty meals, with lots of flavour, and I have very vivid memories of her being in the kitchen, singing along to Fleetwood Mac, Carly Simon and so many other classics that now form part of my eclectic musical tastes - cooking an asian banquet, boiled chocolate cake, or an AMAZING lemon coconut slice (I always forget to ask for the recipe). Food in my grandparents house was always a big to-do - and they lived by the motto of The More The Merrier.

With an intro to food like this, how could I not have developed a love of eating, and more importantly sharing food with others - I love to cook and share what I've made, and I love to eat out, taking someone to a favourite restaurant to try an old favourite dish, or somewhere new with friends for a new food memory.

So this blog will be my digital serving, bringing to the table what's happening with food for me - what I've cooked, what I've eaten, and what I've heard about and would LOVE to try..

Does my butt look big in this blog??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts